WEW 770 AM is the oldest radio station west of the Mississippi. The second oldest radio station in the country. It was officially licensed in April 1921, just weeks after KDKA Pittsburgh. It was put on the air and owned by St. Louis University for well over 40 years. Since then it has changed ownership several times and has been located in places like "The Hill", Busch Stadium, Soulard, and Clayton. WEW is still on the Hill but was recently purchased by Birach Broadcasting Corporation headquarted in Southfield Michigan.